Thursday, July 23, 2009

Jeannie and Mike - May 23, 2009

Jeannie and Mike had a very special, God-honoring wedding at their church.

Because of the setting, I played only classical and Christian songs during the Prelude (as the guests were seated).

The families were seated as I played Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, then the wedding party entered to Pachelbel's Canon in D. Jeannie entered to the traditional Bridal Chorus by Wagner.

From the piano, I led the guests in singing As the Deer. A bit later in the ceremony, I sang and played The Lord's Prayer.

We closed the ceremony in a unique way - all the guests gathered in a large circle, joining hands. From the piano, I led them in singing the hymn Blest Be the Tie That Binds. Then while I continued the song, the wedding party exited, followed by the guests. It turned out beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love providing excellent, elegant live piano music that suits each occasion and exceeds expectations. I also enjoy passing on that ability to others through piano lessons.