Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Andrew and Stefanie - May 16, 2009

Andrew and Stefanie had a touching and beautiful wedding and reception at the Haile Plantation Golf and Country Club. It rained just before the outdoor ceremony, but the great staff at Haile dried off the chairs and kept everything on track. The rain just made the stunning flowers by Betsy Gardner at The Plant Shoppe glisten.
The couple hosted the rehearsal dinner at Sweetwater Branch Inn, where we also ran through the ceremony in preparation for the big day.

During the Prelude (as guests were arriving for the ceremony), at Stefanie and Andrew's request, I sang some of their favorite love songs along with other songs I had selected: The Way You Look Tonight; Love of My Life; She's Got a Way; Lost In This Moment; I Will Be Here; L-O-V-E. A combination of instrumental songs and vocal solos makes an unusual, but poignant, prelude, particularly if a couple wants to have the words to meaningful songs included in their wedding.

The ceremony itself featured traditional music choices. The family was seated as I played Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. The wedding party entered to Pachelbel's Canon in D, then Stefanie entered to the traditional Bridal Chorus by Wagner. Their recessional began with the traditional Wedding March by Mendelssohn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love providing excellent, elegant live piano music that suits each occasion and exceeds expectations. I also enjoy passing on that ability to others through piano lessons.