Friday, May 29, 2009

Elizabeth and Dan's Apr 4, 2009 Wedding

A beautiful wedding in the University of Florida's chapel, the Baughman Center.

The seating of the families and the entrance of the wedding party was as I played Bach's Praeludium.

For the Bride's Entrance, they wanted something a bit different. As they were planning their wedding all the way from Texas, I played them some choices over the phone, and they decided to use "Hymne," by Vangelis. I've never heard it used in a wedding before, but I love the tune and thought it would make a wonderful entry song. It was originally written for a French nature documentary (which suited Elizabeth and Dan, since they're nature lovers), and was also used in my favorite movie of all time, Chariots of Fire. It turned out to be just as lovely as I thought, and I hope lots more couples will consider this (it also would make a great entry song for other members of the wedding party) beautiful song. I like it so much that I plan to put it on my next edition of my wedding music planning guide. It's a modern piece, but has a classical feel to it.

For the Recessional, they asked me to do a piano version of Vivaldi's "Spring" (from the Four Seasons). Excellent choice!

They were kind enough to email me this note:

Eric,
We wanted to thank you for the wonderful piano music you put together and played for us at our wedding ceremony.. Many of our family and friends praised your skills and said the live piano music enhanced the ceremony. We especially appreciate your taking the trouble to make a piano arrangement of Vivaldi's "Spring," and helping us choose beautiful, yet non-traditional pieces. Planning a wedding from 1000 miles was pretty tricky, but your website and our over-the-phone discussion made the ceremonial music part the easiest to plan!
Sincerely,
Elizabeth & Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love providing excellent, elegant live piano music that suits each occasion and exceeds expectations. I also enjoy passing on that ability to others through piano lessons.